Monday, June 8, 2020

Nothing good ever happened after 2A.M

When it's just 2A.M, just go to sleep. Nothing good ever happens after 2A.M.

2:45A.M- I stare at the clock and it's hand-stretched apart and I can't help but think of us "NEO". It's been 5 months since I last saw you.

2:48A.M- I text you and ask if you are awake and you reply almost instantly. You tell me you can't sleep because of all your exams and this helps you to keep you from thinking about us. I talk about my fears, haunting me inside and you open up about how you are fighting with depression because you anticipate a utopian world. I look at the clock and it's hands crawling towards each other.

3:04A.M-  I start telling you about my playlist. How I shifted to Louis Tomilson and john Mayer's songs from Taylor swift. I send you some of my favorite tracks and tell you how I still Love Coldplay's 'yellow' more than anything else. You laugh at how bad I've always been at choosing and prioritizing things. I tell you how I never hanker to choose my studies with a broken heart emoji. The hands of clocks start running at each other leaving everything behind.

3:17A.M- Text by text, emoji by emoji, we move closer. You said me 3rd time that you miss me too. I know you still keep visiting my Instagram profile, my blogs and you read it. You keep silent and send me a GIF. I replied when you are not able to express you use this weapon with a laughing emoji. You said that I should thank you as when I write about you I get super skilled.

3:28A.M- Thanks for the pain then. You replied ' it's kind of some special feeling that a person is giving so much time upon someone then I must have a special place for myself in your heart. I replied then you must appreciate or at least commented on my blogs but you will not express it as it hurts your ego. You said that I can never understand you. We fall asleep as the hour and minute hand become one.

10:28A.M- I see you online but you haven't texted me yet. Then you suddenly text me that you didn't mean your last line and the intention wasn't to hurt me again. I didn't replied. I believe we have our pieces to sweep.
I recall the quote that- Once it's 2A.M, you should probably go back to sleep because nothing good ever happens after 2A.M.

I look at the clock's hands. They are infinitesimally close, yet parting
I guess they are gonna be away for quite some time.




Share this

4 Comments to "Nothing good ever happened after 2A.M"

Dr. Utkarsh (Gabbar) said...

The next day, if something like it happens, it’s not the blame game for clock or time, she must open up. Flawlessly written, good to go through.

SANSKRITI said...

Thanks Gabbar.
It's not like blaming clock or time, just a thought of them who were separated.

Unknown said...

am obsessed with your written thought.
Well done sister 🤗

Unknown said...

Finally .....😂😂😂u really got skilled